AFX 960 Hi-Gest® Alfalfa Seed
- A widely adapted, high yield potential fall dormancy 9 Hi-Gest alfalfa variety with improved fiber digestibility*, intake and extend of digestion for livestock producers around the world
- Consistent forage tests through the season for commercial growers and exporters
- A conventionally developed alfalfa variety with stable performance from the first spring crop through the heat of summer to the last fall cut
- A patent pending variety
- Responds to today’s recommended best alfalfa management practices for non-dormant U.S. alfalfa production areas
- Higher forage quality from early bud stage through mid flower for management flexibility
- No known soil type or management limitations
APPEARANCE AT HARVEST MATURITY
- Plants are tall, with a dense canopy of medium-green leaves spread down the stem resulting in a higher leaf-to-stem ratio** and higher crude protein when compared to other semi-dormant varieties
Yield in DM Tons per Acre
1 Harvest Years = the number of years in either Public and/or Private trials where the two varieties have been in the same trial and are on harvest schedule for the yield comparisons to be listed.
Yield Rating Key: 5 = Best; 3 = Average; 1 = Poor
Agronomic Yield Ratings are based on average performance between Alforex varieties. Actual performance may be adversely affected by extreme conditions. Unless stated, ratings are based on standardized testing procedures endorsed by the North American Alfalfa Improvement Conference.
FastGrowth Ratings are calculated by Alforex Seeds from weekly measurement of varieties grown side-by-side from green-up to harvest through the growing season. Expressed as average centimeters growth per day. >2.20 = Very Fast; >2.00 = Fast; >1.80 = Average; >1.60 = Slow; <1.60 = Very Slow
* The increased rate of fiber digestion, extent of digestion, and crude protein data was developed from replicated research and on-farm testing. During the 2015 growing season at West Salem, WI and Woodland, CA, the following commercial dormant, semi-dormant and non-dormant alfalfa varieties were compared head-to-head with Hi-Gest® alfalfa for rate of digestion, extent of digestion and percent crude protein: America’s Alfalfa Brand AmeriStand 427TQ, Croplan Brands LegenDairy XHD and Artesia Sunrise, Fertizona Brand Fertilac, S&W Seed Brands SW6330, SW7410 and SW10 and W-L Brands WL 319HQ and WL 354HQ. Also during the 2015 growing season, 32 on-farm Hi-Gest hay and silage samples were submitted to Rock River Laboratory, Inc., for forage analysis. The results for rate of digestion, extent of digestion and percent crude protein were averaged and compared to the 60-day and four-year running averages for alfalfa in the Rock River database which included approximately 1,700 alfalfa hay and 3,800 silage 60-day test results and 23,000 hay and 62,000 silage tests results in the four-year average.
** Improved Hi-Gest® alfalfa leafiness, as documented by Alforex Seeds replicated trials at West Salem, WI and Woodland, CA, versus the following commercial alfalfa varieties: America’s Alfalfa Brand AmeriStand 427TQ, Croplan Brands LegenDairy XHD and Artesia Sunrise, Fertizona Brand Fertilac, S&W Brands SW6330, SW7410 and SW10 and W-L Brands WL 319HQ and WL 354HQ.
Pest Resistance Ratings