AFX 670 Hi-Gest Alfalfa Seed
- A high yield potential, variety with Hi-Gest® Alfalfa Technology with improved fiber digestibility, intake and extent of digestion versus other semi-dormant alfalfas
- A product of conventional plant breeding
- Elite genetics with a 5-8% increase in lea-to-stem ratio to improve quality and crude protein
- Responds to today’s recommended alfalfa best management practices
- Adapted to aggressive high quality or more relaxed high tonnage management systems
- Rations are easily balanced by a nutritionist with an accurate feed test to take advantage of this trait
APPEARANCE AT HARVEST MATURITY
- Plants are medium-tall, very leafy** and have more stems per crown than most semi-dormant alfalfas
- High leaf-to-stem ratio, and more crude protein than most other conventionally bred semi-dormant alfalfa varieties at harvest maturity
Yield in DM Tons per Acre
1 Harvest Years = the number of years in either Public and/or Private trials where the two varieties have been in the same trial and are on harvest schedule for the yield comparisons to be listed.
- Hi-Gest Alfalfa Technology from Alforex Seeds
- Alfalfa as Your Protein Source
- Alfalfa Leaf-to-Stem Ratio
Yield Rating Key: 5 = Best; 3 = Average; 1 = Poor
Agronomic Yield Ratings are based on average performance between Alforex varieties. Actual performance may be adversely affected by extreme conditions. Unless stated, ratings are based on standardized testing procedures endorsed by the North American Alfalfa Improvement Conference.
FastGrowth Ratings are calculated by Alforex Seeds from weekly measurement of varieties grown side-by-side from green-up to harvest through the growing season. Expressed as average centimeters growth per day.>2.20 = Very Fast; >2.00 = Fast; >1.80 = Average; >1.60 = Slow; <1.60 = Very Slow
* The increased rate of fiber digestion, extent of digestion, and crude protein data was developed from replicated research and on-farm testing. During the 2015 growing season at West Salem, WI and Woodland, CA, the following commercial dormant, semi-dormant and non-dormant alfalfa varieties were compared head-to-head with Hi-Gest® alfalfa for rate of digestion, extent of digestion and percent crude protein: America’s Alfalfa Brand AmeriStand 427TQ, Croplan Brands LegenDairy XHD and Artesia Sunrise, Fertizona Brand Fertilac, S&W Seed Brands SW6330, SW7410 and SW10 and W-L Brands WL 319HQ and WL 354HQ. Also during the 2015 growing season, 32 on-farm Hi-Gest hay and silage samples were submitted to Rock River Laboratory, Inc., for forage analysis. The results for rate of digestion, extent of digestion and percent crude protein were averaged and compared to the 60-day and four-year running averages for alfalfa in the Rock River database which included approximately 1,700 alfalfa hay and 3,800 silage 60-day test results and 23,000 hay and 62,000 silage tests results in the four-year average.
** Improved Hi-Gest® alfalfa leafiness, as documented by Alforex Seeds replicated trials at West Salem, WI and Woodland, CA, versus the following commercial alfalfa varieties: America’s Alfalfa Brand AmeriStand 427TQ, Croplan Brands LegenDairy XHD and Artesia Sunrise, Fertizona Brand Fertilac, S&W Brands SW6330, SW7410 and SW10 and W-L Brands WL 319HQ and WL 354HQ.
Pest Resistance Ratings