AFX 460 Hi-Gest® Alfalfa Seed
- A high yield potential, alfalfa seed variety with Hi-Gest® Alfalfa Technology for geographies using fall dormancy 4-5 varieties
- A product of forward breeding for improved yield and forage quality
- Features improved fiber digestibility* and better animal performance when compared to other conventionally bred varieties. Variety patent pending
- Responds to today’s recommended best management practices
- Adapted to aggressive high quality production systems or more relaxed high yield practices
- No known soil type limitations
APPEARANCE AT HARVEST MATURITY
- Plants are medium-tall with a dense canopy of dark green leaves** up and down the stems
- A strong foliar leaf disease package contributes to a high leaf-to-stem ratio and higher crude protein
Yield in DM Tons per Acre
1 Harvest Years = the number of years in either Public and/or Private trials where the two varieties have been in the same trial and are on harvest schedule for the yield comparisons to be listed.
- Hi-Gest Alfalfa Technology from Alforex Seeds
- Alfalfa as Your Protein Source
- Alfalfa Leaf-to-Stem Ratio
Yield Rating Key: 5 = Best; 3 = Average; 1 = Poor
Agronomic Yield Ratings are based on average performance between Alforex varieties. Actual performance may be adversely affected by extreme conditions. Unless stated, ratings are based on standardized testing procedures endorsed by the North American Alfalfa Improvement Conference.
FastGrowth Ratings are calculated by Alforex Seeds from weekly measurement of varieties grown side-by-side from green-up to harvest through the growing season. Expressed as average centimeters growth per day.>2.20 = Very Fast; >2.00 = Fast; >1.80 = Average; >1.60 = Slow; <1.60 = Very Slow
* The increased rate of fiber digestion, extent of digestion, and crude protein data was developed from replicated research and on-farm testing. During the 2015 growing season at West Salem, WI and Woodland, CA, the following commercial dormant, semi-dormant and non-dormant alfalfa varieties were compared head-to-head with Hi-Gest® alfalfa for rate of digestion, extent of digestion and percent crude protein: America’s Alfalfa Brand AmeriStand 427TQ, Croplan Brands LegenDairy XHD and Artesia Sunrise, Fertizona Brand Fertilac, S&W Seed Brands SW6330, SW7410 and SW10 and W-L Brands WL 319HQ and WL 354HQ. Also during the 2015 growing season, 32 on-farm Hi-Gest hay and silage samples were submitted to Rock River Laboratory, Inc., for forage analysis. The results for rate of digestion, extent of digestion and percent crude protein were averaged and compared to the 60-day and four-year running averages for alfalfa in the Rock River database which included approximately 1,700 alfalfa hay and 3,800 silage 60-day test results and 23,000 hay and 62,000 silage tests results in the four-year average.
** Improved Hi-Gest® alfalfa leafiness, as documented by Alforex Seeds replicated trials at West Salem, WI and Woodland, CA, versus the following commercial alfalfa varieties: America’s Alfalfa Brand AmeriStand 427TQ, Croplan Brands LegenDairy XHD and Artesia Sunrise, Fertizona Brand Fertilac, S&W Brands SW6330, SW7410 and SW10 and W-L Brands WL 319HQ and WL 354HQ.
Pest Resistance Ratings
™® Trademarks of Corteva Agriscience and its affiliated companies. © 2021 CORTEVA.