Rugged II Hi-Salt Alfalfa Seed
- Especially well adapted to the northern Great Plains and higher elevations of the Intermountain West
- Fits irrigated or dryland crop management systems
- Improved disease package for challenging soils
- Bred for improved yield performance over Rugged and performs very well under normal or challenging environments including grazing, salinity and traffic/compaction tolerance
- Variety that fits a 2-4 cut system for hay or grazing management
- Exceptional winter hardiness allows for longer rotations
- Medium-late harvest maturity
APPEARANCE AT HARVEST MATURITY
- Medium-short plant height and a very dense, full canopy of medium green leaves
Download our Management Guide for more information on growing alfalfa in saline soils.
Yield Rating Key: 5 = Best; 3 = Average; 1 = Poor
Agronomic Yield Ratings are based on average performance between Alforex varieties. Actual performance may be adversely affected by extreme conditions. Unless stated, ratings are based on standardized testing procedures endorsed by the North American Alfalfa Improvement Conference.
FastGrowth Ratings are calculated by Alforex Seeds from weekly measurement of varieties grown side-by-side from green-up to harvest through the growing season. Expressed as average centimeters growth per day. >2.20 = Very Fast; >2.00 = Fast; >1.80 = Average; >1.60 = Slow; <1.60 = Very Slow
Pest Resistance Ratings