PGI 529 Alfalfa Seed
- For growers who aggressively manage and harvest their alfalfa acres
- FastGrowth ability shaves 3 to 5 days off the time between harvests to maximize seasonal yield
- Carries a strong, multiple-pest package to protect fast-growing plants and aggressively managed acres
- Fast-growing alfalfa variety for production areas that use fall dormancy 4 and 5 alfalfas
- Very early harvest maturity; reaches late bud or early flower 3 to 5 days ahead of most dormant alfalfas
- Very fast green-up after harvest and accelerated growth to harvest maturity
APPEARANCE AT HARVEST MATURITY
- A tall and showy alfalfa variety with large leaves
Yield in DM Tons per Acre
1 Harvest Years = the number of years in either Public and/or Private trials where the two varieties have been in the same trial and are on harvest schedule for the yield comparisons to be listed.
Yield Rating Key: 5 = Best; 3 = Average; 1 = Poor
Agronomic Yield Ratings are based on average performance between Alforex varieties. Actual performance may be adversely affected by extreme conditions. Unless stated, ratings are based on standardized testing procedures endorsed by the North American Alfalfa Improvement Conference.
FastGrowth Ratings are calculated by Alforex Seeds from weekly measurement of varieties grown side-by-side from green-up to harvest through the growing season. Expressed as average centimeters growth per day. >2.20 = Very Fast; >2.00 = Fast; >1.80 = Average; >1.60 = Slow; <1.60 = Very Slow
Pest Resistance Ratings