Cisco II Hi-Salt Alfalfa Seed
- True fall-dormancy 6, semi-dormant alfalfa seed variety with high yield and forage quality potential
- Germination and forage production salinity tolerance for tough soils
- Demonstrates spring frost tolerance
- Well adapted to the transitional zone between dormant and non-dormant alfalfas
- Fits the wide range of soil types, production practices and harvest systems found in the transitional zone
- Medium harvest maturity, fast recovery after harvest and persistence for medium and longer rotations
APPEARANCE AT HARVEST MATURITY
- Medium-tall plants with good leaf density
Yield in DM Tons per Acre
1 Harvest Years = the number of years in either Public and/or Private trials where the two varieties have been in the same trial and are on harvest schedule for the yield comparisons to be listed.
Download our Management Guide for more information on growing alfalfa in saline soils.
Yield Rating Key: 5 = Best; 3 = Average; 1 = Poor
Agronomic Yield Ratings are based on average performance between Alforex varieties. Actual performance may be adversely affected by extreme conditions. Unless stated, ratings are based on standardized testing procedures endorsed by the North American Alfalfa Improvement Conference.
FastGrowth Ratings are calculated by Alforex Seeds from weekly measurement of varieties grown side-by-side from green-up to harvest through the growing season. Expressed as average centimeters growth per day. >2.20 = Very Fast; >2.00 = Fast; >1.80 = Average; >1.60 = Slow; <1.60 = Very Slow
Pest Resistance Ratings