AFX 779 Hi-Ton Alfalfa Seed
- A high yield potential, semi-dormant Hi-Ton designated alfalfa seed variety for California, Arizona, New Mexico and western Texas
- Stable yield performance into the later production years
- Adapted to five or six cut aggressive management systems
- An alfalfa variety that features salinity tolerance and a strong aphid resistance package
- Average regrowth, green-up recovery after cutting
APPEARANCE AT HARVEST MATURITY
- Medium-tall plants with a moderate ML expression
Yield in DM Tons per Acre
1 Harvest Years = the number of years in either Public and/or Private trials where the two varieties have been in the same trial and are on harvest schedule for the yield comparisons to be listed.
Alfalfa Management for Saline Soils
Download our Management Guide for more information on growing alfalfa in saline soils.
- Hi-Ton Performance Alfalfa Technology from Alforex Seeds
- Hi-Salt Salinity Tolerant Alfalfa technology from Alforex Seeds
- Managing Alfalfa on Saline Soils
Yield Rating Key: 5 = Best; 3 = Average; 1 = Poor
Agronomic Yield Ratings are based on average performance between Alforex varieties. Actual performance may be adversely affected by extreme conditions. Unless stated, ratings are based on standardized testing procedures endorsed by the North American Alfalfa Improvement Conference.
FastGrowth Ratings are calculated by Alforex Seeds from weekly measurement of varieties grown side-by-side from green-up to harvest through the growing season. Expressed as average centimeters growth per day. >2.20 = Very Fast; >2.00 = Fast; >1.80 = Average; >1.60 = Slow; <1.60 = Very Slow
Pest Resistance Ratings