AFX 647 Hi-Salt Alfalfa Seed
- Semi-dormant variety with excellent performance for high yields and forage quality
- Germination and forage salinity tolerance for tough soils
- Demonstrates a 4% yield advantage over Cisco II in alfalfa yield trials
- Well adapted to the transitional zone between dormant and non-dormant alfalfas
- Fits the wide range of soil types, production practices and harvest systems found in the transitional zone
- Medium harvest maturity, fast recovery after harvest and persistence for medium and
APPEARANCE AT HARVEST MATURITY
- Medium-tall plant with large medium green leaves
Yield in DM Tons per Acre
|Brand||Competitor||AFX 647||Harvest Years 1||% Yield Advantage|
1 Harvest Years = the number of years in either Public and/or Private trials where the two varieties have been in the same trial and are on harvest schedule for the yield comparisons to be listed.
Download our Management Guide for more information on growing alfalfa in saline soils.
Yield Rating Key: 5 = Best; 3 = Average; 1 = Poor
Agronomic Yield Ratings are based on average performance between Alforex varieties. Actual performance may be adversely affected by extreme conditions. Unless stated, ratings are based on standardized testing procedures endorsed by the North American Alfalfa Improvement Conference.
FastGrowth Ratings are calculated by Alforex Seeds from weekly measurement of varieties grown side-by-side from green-up to harvest through the growing season. Expressed as average centimeters growth per day. >2.20 = Very Fast; >2.00 = Fast; >1.80 = Average; >1.60 = Slow; <1.60 = Very Slow
Pest Resistance Ratings