AFX 457 Hi-Salt Alfalfa Seed
- Carries the complete package for high yield, persistence and forage quality when establishing and growing alfalfa on high EC fields or with high EC irrigation water
- Adapted to all areas of the Great Plains and Intermountain West, especially where salinity limits the production of dairy quality hay
- Aggressive seedling growth for rapid stand establishment with or without salinity
- No yield drag if planted into non-saline soils
- Fits western production practices and geographies where fall dormancy 3, 4 or 5 alfalfas are grown
- Medium-early maturity to fit late-bud harvest systems to maximize the harvest for the area
APPEARANCE AT HARVEST MATURITY
- Medium-tall alfalfa plants with large, medium-green leaves
Yield in DM Tons per Acre
1 Harvest Years = the number of years in either Public and/or Private trials where the two varieties have been in the same trial and are on harvest schedule for the yield comparisons to be listed.
Download our Management Guide for more information on growing alfalfa in saline soils.
Yield Rating Key: 5 = Best; 3 = Average; 1 = Poor
Agronomic Yield Ratings are based on average performance between Alforex varieties. Actual performance may be adversely affected by extreme conditions. Unless stated, ratings are based on standardized testing procedures endorsed by the North American Alfalfa Improvement Conference.
FastGrowth Ratings are calculated by Alforex Seeds from weekly measurement of varieties grown side-by-side from green-up to harvest through the growing season. Expressed as average centimeters growth per day. >2.20 = Very Fast; >2.00 = Fast; >1.80 = Average; >1.60 = Slow; <1.60 = Very Slow
Pest Resistance Ratings