AFX 429 Hi-Ton® Alfalfa Seed
- A widely adapted alfalfa seed variety that will maximize yield and quality under aggressive or relaxed harvest management systems
- Strong multiple pest package including stem nematodes for western growers
- Features stable yield performance into late harvest year when longer rotations are desired
- Adapted to production zones all across the U.S. where fall dormancy 3, 4 or 5 varieties are normally recommended
- A milk per acre winner when aggressively managed for dairy alfalfa hay
- A Hi-Ton yield variety with an average green-up rate after harvest
- Expected to perform very well in mixtures with cool season grasses or other legumes
APPEARANCE AT HARVEST MATURITY
- Plants at bud stage will be medium-tall and feature a uniform canopy of large, medium-green leaves
Yield in DM Tons per Acre
1 Harvest Years = the number of years in either Public and/or Private trials where the two varieties have been in the same trial and are on harvest schedule for the yield comparisons to be listed.
Yield Rating Key: 5 = Best; 3 = Average; 1 = Poor
Agronomic Yield Ratings are based on average performance between Alforex varieties. Actual performance may be adversely affected by extreme conditions. Unless stated, ratings are based on standardized testing procedures endorsed by the North American Alfalfa Improvement Conference.
FastGrowth Ratings are calculated by Alforex Seeds from weekly measurement of varieties grown side-by-side from green-up to harvest through the growing season. Expressed as average centimeters growth per day. >2.20 = Very Fast; >2.00 = Fast; >1.80 = Average; >1.60 = Slow; <1.60 = Very Slow
Pest Resistance Ratings
™® Trademarks of Corteva Agriscience and its affiliated companies. © 2021 CORTEVA.