Best Management Practices for Stand Establishment
March 18, 2021 • 11:00am CST
Tune in as industry specialists talk about techniques for getting your alfalfa stands established and ready for winter survival. Some topics we’ll discuss include:
- When is the best time to correct your soil before planting alfalfa?
- Optimal planting methods for stand establishment
- Pros and Cons of coated vs uncoated seed?
- Fertility needs for stand establishment
- Herbicides to use on your alfalfa stands.
- How to prepare your new seeding for winter survival
- Dr. Don Miller – Alforex Seeds
- Dr. Kim Cassida – MI State University
- Dr. Earl Creech – UT State University
Questions and comments are welcome during the webinar.
Links to previous episodes
Biographies for our Speakers:
Name: Dr. Donald R. Miller
Director of Product Development Alforex Seeds
Biography: Don is currently the Director of Product Development for Alforex Seeds and is based out of Nampa Idaho. During his forty year career in the public and private industry, Dr. Miller has authored or co-authored numerous agricultural publications and conducted 300 plus training seminars for Universities and Grower organizations. Dr. Miller has developed or co-developed 150 alfalfa , 6 red clover and one Teff grass variety during his plant breeding career. For the last 5 years he has been featured as the alfalfa “Ask the Alfalfa Expert” on a popular Midwest Radio Program. His most recent activities has been in the introduction of Hi-Salt®, Hi-Ton® and Hi-Gest® alfalfa technologies; and their adaption by progressive growers all across the U.S.
Watch for Future Educational Webinars from Alforex Seeds