HayKing Plus Hybrid Sudangrass Seed- BMR
- Low-lignin content increases digestibility in livestock rations
- Warm-season, summer annual with fast dry down for multiple harvests as pasture, hay or silage.
- Low-input requirements and an efficient user of nitrogen and water, with few weed or pest concerns
- Seasonal dry-matter tonnage equal to corn silage as silage, pasture or hay
- HayKing Plus Hybrid Sudangrass has superior forage quality versus BMR hybrid sorghum x sudangrass with reduced prussic acid
- Improved disease package with very good resistance to Anthracnose and Downy Mildew
- Adapted to all areas of the U.S. where hybrid sorghum x sudangrass or hybrid sudangrass is normally grown
- Plant after danger of frost and soil temperatures exceed 65°
- Fine stems, leafy and aggressive tillering after harvest. Leave a 3 to 4” stubble
- Follow all sorghum feeding precautions
APPEARANCE AT HARVEST MATURITY
- Harvest usually occurs 45 to 55 days after germination.
- A fast-growing hybrid with very fine stems, aggressive tillering and a mass of leaves with the characteristic brown mid-rib coloring. Usually chest-high before head extension
SEEDING RATE RECOMMENDATIONS
- Approximately 21,000 to 24,000 seeds per pound
- For the MIdwest, Northeast and Southeast, use 25 to 40+ pounds per acre.
- For the Great Plains and Intermountain West dryland seed at 20-30 pounds per acre. For irrigated seed at 30-50 pounds per acre.
- For Southwest irrigated, seed 50 to 100+ pounds per acre.
- Plant approximately 1/2 to 1 inch deep.
To learn more about how to manage Hi-Gest® Sudangrass, download our Hi-Gest Sudangrass Crop Overview and Forage Production Guide.
™® Trademarks of Corteva Agriscience and its affiliated companies. © 2022 CORTEVA.