PGI 908-S Hi-Salt Alfalfa Seed
- High-yielding, stable, non-dormant alfalfa variety for hay, haylage or pasture across the Southwestern U.S.
- Features germination and forage production salinity tolerance
- Strong multiple pest package
- Handles the tougher or better soils when supported by best-management practices
- Consistent, stable yield from crop-to-crop and season-to-season; and medium or longer stand life
- Average recovery after harvest and days between harvests
APPEARANCE AT HARVEST MATURITY
- Medium-tall plant height and good density for this dormancy alfalfa variety
Yield in DM Tons per Acre
1 Harvest Years = the number of years in either Public and/or Private trials where the two varieties have been in the same trial and are on harvest schedule for the yield comparisons to be listed.
Download our Management Guide for more information on growing alfalfa in saline soils.
Yield Rating Key: 5 = Best; 3 = Average; 1 = Poor
Agronomic Yield Ratings are based on average performance between Alforex varieties. Actual performance may be adversely affected by extreme conditions. Unless stated, ratings are based on standardized testing procedures endorsed by the North American Alfalfa Improvement Conference.
FastGrowth Ratings are calculated by Alforex Seeds from weekly measurement of varieties grown side-by-side from green-up to harvest through the growing season. Expressed as average centimeters growth per day. >2.20 = Very Fast; >2.00 = Fast; >1.80 = Average; >1.60 = Slow; <1.60 = Very Slow
Pest Resistance Ratings